Vermont Department of Labor Virtual Town Hall Meetings Updated.
The Vermont Department of Labor will continue its Virtual Town Hall events on Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
TUESDAY, APRIL 14
- Unemployment Insurance Update – Employers
- Time: 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Overview: Updates and information for employers about unemployment insurance, with attendees able to ask questions of Department staff
- Speakers: Cameron Wood (Director, Unemployment Insurance)
- Online Link: https://bit.ly/VTLaborTownHall_April14
THURSDAY, APRIL 16
- Employee Safety and Workers’ Compensation Amid COVID-19
- Time: 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Overview: Discussion surrounding workers’ compensation issues facing employers including coverage of workers, filing claims and reporting of injuries, as well as updates on worker safety during COVID-19
- Speakers: Stephen Monahan (Director, Workers’ Compensation Division), Dan Whipple (Manager, Vermont Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and Kevin Gaffney (Deputy Commissioner, Department of Financial Regulation)
- Online Link: https://bit.ly/VTLaborTownHall_April16
- Unemployment Insurance – Claimant 101
- Time: 8:30am – 9:15am
- Overview: Department of Labor staff will provide an overview of top questions the Unemployment Insurance Division has received, as well as general instruction, tips and updates to attendees.
- Online Link: https://bit.ly/4VTLaborTownHall_Claimants